Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Discard that Mouth

These lyrics are not accomplished, i'm not even terribly fond of them yet i'm going to post them anyway to see what people think. Obviously most of the lyrics i post need some adjustments and changes and probably practise, but i don't 'feel' these as much as the others. Enjoy!

Discard that Mouth ©

This time I ask you what’s next,
You’re love offering me nothing new,
Passed along by the nothing in the sky,
And I wondered if you knew.

Yes, you keep on pressing,
Along with this stress of the west,
And I keep on kissing you,
Trying to find you that nest.

Discard that mouth
Which you criticise
You’re not funny
You’re not wise

Yet I’ll Struggle under the sun,
Where you taught me everything,
From the first cord to the final lyrics,
You taught me how to sing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Batmanda said...

How did you find my blog? Am I who you think I am, or do you randomly search for random blogs?

January 24, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Swapna Padmanabh said...

Yo Ash! I like this one, I just think maybe it needs another stanza, or the last one needs to be tweaked a bit. Kinda like you spell it out too much, where you are a little less obvious in the earlier ones. Just my 2 cents worth.
Swapna

January 24, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Ashley Russell said...

Grateful for your comment, Swapna. I agree, and the lyrics aren't my best but it was one that i really wanted to post to see what people thought.

:)

January 26, 2006 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home