Friday, January 13, 2006

Podcast: Radio Talk Talk

After many failed attempts i managed to get the microphone working at work, so i decided with a few of my mates, that we would make a radio show. We didn't have much time but it was hilerious anyway, which got me into thinking about making a podcast. So i found this site: http://www.podcastingnews.com/articles/How-to-Podcast.html and it got me even more fascinated. Just imagine the possibilities. I could be part of the pod cast hype that’s arisen over the last few months. So I eagerly downloaded the software to record and edit. But then I came to the problem…I don’t have a microphone at home! So i need help, does anyone know any microphones i can use on the pc that are quite cheap but good quality as well?

As you can probably tell, im crap with PCs.

peace

Ash

1 Comments:

Blogger Swapna Padmanabh said...

Hey Ash,
Not sure what's over there, but here in Canada you can buy microphones for the pc for about 10-15 dollars. I wouldn't go any cheaper than that as they just crap out on you. You can also use headsets like you use for phones. These are a bit more expensive but work very well. If you buy the cheaper pc type, make sure you get one you don't need to hold. Lots of them have a holder you stick on the side of your pc, but then you can't really dance around and sing. I like the headphone kind, just remember to get one with a long cord.

January 13, 2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home