Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the daily intrigue

I’ve not felt well at all and I had almost forgotten that I actually had a blog. I must be honest, I almost gave it up. You see this blog first began as a site for showing off my lyrics and my band plans, the band fell apart but I started writing random music news, reviews, diary-ish pondering into the mix. Suddenly my blog kind of got more popular, popular meaning more then 5 people have actually bothered to come back to see what else I’d posted. But now I’m kind of unsure if this blog will be updated regularly or not or if I should give up on it for a while. So the future is slightly unclear, however I might end up just getting enough time.

Anyway, here is some random news and tributes for you.
Pitchfork has had a listen to Thom Yorke's The Eraser. Yes, that’s right, Thom from Radiohead. It seems extremely promising but then what do you expect from such a genius.

'Regarding The Eraser, Yorke also wrote "inevitably it is more beats & electronics. but its [sic] songs," and that pretty much sums it up. The record is song-oriented to a perhaps surprising degree-- no instrumentals, all tracks pretty much in the four-minute range, mostly standard time signatures-- and emphasizes the trademark textural richness of Radiohead and Godrich.'

The Futureheads sophomore album News & Tributes is available May 29th but you can listen to it over at nme.com. It’s a good album but I was left disappointed and under whelmed by it. News & Tributes seriously lacks the urgency of their debut which I loved so much. The wonderful harmonies are still here thankfully. I hope that this is a grower, I really do.
Sunday treat: F1- Monte-Carlo. This is my favorite track, it’s a real challenge for the drivers as the track is a deadly one. Also with this track, more then others, a lot of the success is dependent on how well the drivers get on in the qualifying. Fingers crossed for Honda’s Jenson Button this week, or am I the only one?

1 Comments:

Blogger Swapna Padmanabh said...

Well, if you end up giving it up...I will surely miss this blog. Even though I'm not up on all the music I enjoy your reviews and other sundries. So, uhhh my vote goes towards not giving it up!
Besides, I still want to see more of your lyrics, band or no band.

May 24, 2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home