Monday, January 30, 2006

What will the future hold for us?


Was there innocence to the 90s?

The world wasn’t full of angst like it is now. The charts were engrossed in Britpop, Bill Clinton was the president and Tony Blair was actually popular. The summers were a lot better then too.

Well I never actually witnessed the 80s, like some of you who might be reading this, I was only born in the last third of it and all I have is photographs, music, films and old programmes to show me what it was actually like, nothing like living it.

However, it’s not like bad things didn’t happen before the new millennium, because sadly it did and there was many mistakes made. But the world is covered in darkness these days, it’s not supposed to be like that but it is and it’s not going to change for decades to come. Fears of technology, terrorism, faulty economics, and paranoia have always been around, but this decade it has grown and has begun to starve the world. Stemmed from this, there have been a number of essays and sites broadcasting this kind of subject matter by pessimistic people.

But should we really be afraid of our and our children’s future?

2 Comments:

Blogger Swapna Padmanabh said...

Although I agree with your post in general, it's so hard to compare the 90's with today. I think that as technology advances, so does the depth of destruction that can and will occur. When I speak of technology, I don't just mean computers, I mean advances in all forms. My greatest concern lately is that of global warming. I feel that Mother Nature will soon be our greatest destroyer, and we just continue to egg her on. There's my two cents for the night!

January 31, 2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger c said...

well i think once europe and the u.s., can get back on the same page ethically and morally with each other as well as with the rest of the developing and emrging cultures in the world, we will be okay.
in other words, um, yeah, we're in big trouble.

January 31, 2006 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home