Monday, July 10, 2006

The Eraser

Dark, cold, beautiful, disturbing, kid A-ish. These are all words to describe Thom Yorke’s engaging musical landscape that is the Eraser.

Here are some interesting facts:

  • The song title “Atoms for Peace" was the title of a speech given by Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1953. It is also the motto of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

  • Harrowdown Hill in Oxfordshire is notable for being the place where the body of Dr David Kelly was found in 2003.

  • In an interview, Yorke said that "Harrowdown Hill" is "the most angry song I've ever written in my life. I'm not gonna get into the background to it, the way I see it..and it's not for me or for any of us to dig any of this up. So it's a bit of an uncomfortable thing."- BBC News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home