Saturday, June 17, 2006

For man-bag wearers

England have been so underwhelming in the world cup that it is becoming a series of effortless, disappointing matches where we still somehow have hope we will get better once we meet the stronger teams. But then despite knowing all of this I still hope myself that we can pull ourselves out from this slump and go on to the finals.

Not exactly an exciting period for music, unless you like Keane or the mediocre Muse. Gnarls Barkley is releasing Smiley Faces as their next single, so expect it to top the UK charts for a few weeks but not as long as the hugely successful crazy.
Razorlight have a new single called In the Morning and it has a Talking Heads the Road to Nowhere vibe to it. Appalling…ok maybe not that bad as its possibly not going to annoy me too much when it keeps being played over and over on the radio.
Thom Yorke’s The Eraser comes out in a few weeks (10/07). I was left a little under whelmed by the song the Eraser but I have hopes this album will be a grower. Though I think I’ll pick up the last 2 Radiohead albums before I purchase this.

I suppose everyone is excited about the summer festival season. I’m not however; no tickets but then I’ve never been to a music festival so I’m not too bothered. I’m a small gig person…if that actually exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home