Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Importance of being idle

Thoughts of the moment.
As I prepare myself for next weeks exams I wonder how soon I should get a job. I’m not trying to avoid it, honestly. But then i find myself in some kind of idle mode, unable to get out of it.


Is it worth the aggravation
To find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?
It's a crazy situation
But all I need are cigarettes and alcohol!
You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line
Cos when it comes on top . . .
You gotta make it happen!

I like those Oasis lyrics, kind of sums up the time I’m in right now. The rebellious excitement of youth. Don’t read too much into the lyrics, I don’t do white lines or cigarettes.

I feel as if I won’t be doing as well in the English exams this year, I’ve been doing revision but at least last year I studied Hamlet. Hamlet, for me, was possibly one of the best plays I had ever read. This year it is the Merchant of Venice and what a load of overrated ball. How can anyone read a play that does not have any interesting characters, you see I can read some books with gangsters as protagonists but the characters in the Merchant of Venice have no redeeming features. Most are unlike able and dull, with Shylock being the only character that seems to be three dimensional. Also the play is supposed to be a comedy yet it must be lost in translation because it does not make me laugh. In fact I find the play quite depressing with its themes of racial hatred and self interest. I know a lot of people will disagree with my opinion, but then this is my opinion and you nobody can ever change that.

Another reason for not doing as well is I have found myself getting lazy and find myself writing on my blog rather then doing revision. Tut tut. ;)

I better get my act together and do some revision.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Russell said...

because it is not worth commenting on obviously lol

June 14, 2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home