Friday, December 01, 2006

the Beatles 'LOVE' or Shut up everyone is bored of the myth surrounding them

I finaly got my hands on the Beatles 'new' album, Love, which sees the Beatles catalogue being reworked by Sir George Martin and his son Giles. It's also the soundtrack to the Cirque du Soleil/Beatles production.

I liked the album which is not really a surprise but i wasn't expecting too as i didn't see the point of it, it's unnecessary. But despite that, it still makes for a great listen. They have made a puzzle for beatle fans. For example, the album begins with the sound of birds from Across the Universe which then proceeds into the harmonies of Because. This is then followed by the guitar stum of A Hard Day's Night which goes straight into The End which seamlessly leads into Get Back. It's like a trip through the Beatles history. Thats just the first two tracks of 26!

I love the more stripped down version of While my guitar gently weeps and the Sgt Pepper tracks which are either more psychedlic or less so, showing the tracks as they could have been without all the production trickery.

Also this is the best the Beatles have ever sounded on CD. The Beatles really need remastering....NOW!

I need more money so i can actualy fly to Las Vegas and watch the damn show!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Sorry, I'm in the bored camp, but don't listen to me as I get exceedingly irritated by Dylan too!

December 01, 2006 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home